In CSES, we prepare students to address national and global crop production, sustainability, and environmental quality challenges, including food security in developing countries, waste management, water quality, turfgrass management, and reclamation of drastically disturbed lands. We encourage students to do an international experience during their time at Virginia Tech and assist students to make that happen. There are many opportunities to participate in exchange, including but not limited to:
- CSES collaborative international experience (faculty-led) – in the past we have sponsored programs to Nepal (2013) and Senegal (2014), and Ecuador (2015).
- Study Abroad – many students will study abroad through Virginia Tech’s Education Abroad Office
- Intern/Volunteer/Work Abroad
If you are interested in doing an international experience while pursuing your degree in CSES, be sure to meet with your academic advisor to go over:
- Receiving course credit
- When in your college career is best to go abroad
- Any questions you may have